Monday, April 28, 2014

Seek, Trust, Hope, Believe











"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33 ESV)


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)


***********

SEEK.

TRUST.

These two words, to me, sum up the crux of faith and following Jesus. Nine little letters comprise these two small words, yet there's nothing about practicing these small words that's easy, simple, or smooth.

Seeking is HARD. Trusting is HARD.

When you seek and trust God, what you're really saying is...

I KNOW I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS.

SHOW ME WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO GO, WHO TO BE.

I CHOOSE TO DEPEND ON YOU, GOD.

LEAD ME.

I CHOOSE NOT TO LEAD MYSELF.

I KNOW IT'S *BEST* NOT TO LEAD MYSELF.

I BELIEVE YOU KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR MY LIFE, GOD.

I PUT MY HOPE IN YOUR PERFECT ABILITY TO DECIDE FOR ME.

But what happens when you are walking through something really difficult? What happens when you have been praying and seeking and there seems to be no answer... no direction.  What happens when the bottom falls out? What happens when you are seeking, and God seems to be silent?

SILENT...

ABSOLUTELY SILENT...

Believe me, friends, I have been here. I don't share this from a place of words without first understanding the actual soul-bending that takes place. I have longed and ached and hurt in this place. This place of God-silence.

You may think NOTHING is happening, but I assure you, SOMETHING is happening.

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL.

FAITH is forged and tested in the waiting, in the quiet, in the silence.

***********

"These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold-- though your faith is far more precious than mere gold." (1 Peter 1:7 NLT) 

***********

As you seek and trust God, your FAITH is growing and strengthening. As you seek and trust God, your faith is the SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL. 

As you seek and trust, as your faith is forged, HOPE is born.


*HOPE* IS BORN. 


SEEK... TRUST... HOPE... BELIEVE...


BELIEVE IT.

BELIEVE IT.

BELIEVE IT. 


IT'S MORE PRECIOUS THAN GOLD.

***********

Don't give up seeking. Don't give up trusting. Don't give up hoping. The answer may be just around the corner, and it may be more BEAUTIFUL than you ever imagined.


All is grace... maybe especially in the wait, my friends...

Yes, all is grace,