Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Treasure Tree

I am so excited to share a link to my *VERY FIRST~EVER* guest blog!   Today, I'm writing at Alise...Write!  I met Alise on Twitter a little less than a year ago. I have a deep respect for her and her writing, and I don't know if I've met anyone more genuine in the blogging community.  She is not afraid to wrestle with extremely difficult issues, and she always stretches my thinking.  Alise is a blessing, and I am so thankful our paths have crossed.    :)



Here's a bit of my piece about brokenness, cherry trees, dead branches, and God's love... Thanks for reading!  :)



Between our sidewalk and driveway, stands one of my favorite things, a weeping cherry tree.  Each new spring she blesses us with an enchanting array of pink and white blossoms.  When the wind whisks through her branches, the loosely attached buds create a seemingly endless snow of petals.  Late spring, she offers another gift.  FRUIT.  Her branches fill with bright red cherries that are picked, pitted, and fashioned into Grandma's sour cherry pie.  The summertime gift she offers is a hideaway for my children.  They love to climb into her strong, twisted trunk and escape behind her waterfall of branches.  Her secret cove is the perfect place to get lost in a book on a warm summer day.  These are all splendid gifts to be sure, but the most valuable thing I've ever received from Treasure Tree is not in her beauty, her fruit, or her hideout, but in the lesson of her DEAD BRANCHES.  To continue reading, click ~~>  HERE.