Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good Morning Forty










Good morning, Forty.  I knew you would be here to greet me this morning. 

I've been thinking about our meeting for quite some time.  I always used to wish that somehow you would show up late for our appointment.  I wasn't really sure I ever wanted to meet you at all, but now that this day is here, I can quite see that you are actually right on time.  

Forty, I see that you have brought with you Second Chances and New Opportunities. Grace and Mercy have been my ever constant companions.  You should all get along nicely.  As we walk hand in hand ~together~ into today, tomorrow, the next day, and the next, I will remember the blessings and delights of my first forty years.  I will also remember the heartaches, brokenness, and disappointments.  All of the sorrow has shaped and formed me, and has grown me up to be content to be here ~on this day~ with you. 

Thank you for coming.  It is a mercy and delight to be here.  So many never get to see you, and for me you are perfectly on time. Forty, I embrace you. Let's journey forward and never look back.  Somehow, I have this distinct feeling that the best years are actually yet to be. 


Good morning, my friend.  


Good morning, Forty.  


Good morning.  
  

"Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."  Psalm 139:16