Friday, March 8, 2013

I Want to Homeschool, but... I don't Know Where to Begin

I haven't been blogging regularly here for the past few months, but I have been busy blogging daily for an online book study in another space. I have also stepped out of my comfort zone today (do I really have a comfort zone, anyway?) and I am writing about something entirely different. 

HOMESCHOOLING...

I have the great honor of guest blogging over at Cheeky Bums Blog today. Homeschooling is a topic I wouldn't normally write about in this "Upside-down Pastor's Wife" space, but it is something near and dear to my heart, nonetheless! 

If you are interested in homeschooling, or know someone who might be, would you please share this article with them? I tried to write the article I wish I would have found all those years ago when we began our homeschool journey. My prayer is that those who find it will feel a little less alone and much more informed as they step into this amazing journey. 

***********










I want to homeschool, but... I don't know where to begin...


I will tell you right out of the gate that we are not a "glitzy" homeschooling family. If you are looking for how to begin a creative, jaw-dropping homeschool, this particular article may not be for you. I want to help "normal" moms (like me) get a better grasp on where to really begin. 

Our homeschool isn't going to win awards for the most creative, most educational, or the best of anything, but I assure you we are not mediocre-hum-drum, either. What we do might end up on facebook, but it won't be pinned on Pinterest, and that's okay. We are down-to-earth and real, and we are a simple "nuts and bolts" homeschooling family. 

We have been on the homeschooling journey for fifteen years, since our oldest was a year old, and we have been blessed with four children ages six to sixteen.  My kids are currently in first, third, sixth, and tenth grades. I want to touch on the things that were most helpful for me when I first started homeschooling. It is my greatest hope that after you read this, you will feel like…

HOMESCHOOLING IS NO LONGER AN IMPOSSIBILITY

BUT A POSSIBILITY for your family.


"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (Lao Tzu)



To continue reading, please click HERE!

Be sure to poke around the Cheeky Bums Blog and Cheeky Bums Market while you are there. You'll find a wealth of information, encouragement, recipes, and some adorable vintage items, toys, and clothing for your kids!

***********

All is grace,